Sunday, June 04, 2006

I Really Really Need to Get My Act Together

Well, it's official. I'm leaving for Taiwan on June 21st and returning to San Diego September 4th, bright-eyed and ready for my fifth and final year of undergrad at UCSD. I'm leaving in 18 days, and all I have is my ticket. Passport? My last one expired in 2004, and I haven't gotten a new one yet. Travel insurance? Umm, TBA. Visas? Have to drive to Wilshire to the Taiwanese consulate in LA, but don't have a car. Should I be worried?

While I should certainly take care of these things ASAP, the daily grind of academic life and upcoming move-out seem to sap more of my energy than anything else. 18 days seems a lifetime away when within 10 days I have three final exams, international roomies to bid farewell to, and a whole lot of crap to move out of my apartment.

Some days I wonder what I've gotten myself into, and some days I'm convinced that anywhere is better than here--I just need to get on a plane and go. Hopefully I'll still feel like this in two-and-a-half weeks.