Jay Chou and 7-11
Sunday wasn't the most exciting day, but that's okay with me. I was pretty much on my own, so I walked over to the 7-11 for lunch. I needed to buy something pre-packaged so I didn't have to talk to anyone and place any orders. I got to the register and thought all I would have to do is give them money, but then the cashiers said something to me I didn't understand. I finally figured out they were asking if I wanted my tray microwaved, and I said yes. After that, I walked back to my room, discovering later I got eaten alive by bugs in the process.
After that, I spent an afternoon of watching ER episodes from season four and downloading and attempting to translate Jay Chou songs. Many people say the best way to learn a new language is by listening to the music and watching the movies, although there is always a lot of slang that is hard to understand.
I'm going to the lab today and I'm not sure what's next. I think Dr. Yu said there is someone from England coming (I don't know whether long- or short-term), but in all likelihood I will meet them and have lunch with the students. Another day of complete uncertainty.
After that, I spent an afternoon of watching ER episodes from season four and downloading and attempting to translate Jay Chou songs. Many people say the best way to learn a new language is by listening to the music and watching the movies, although there is always a lot of slang that is hard to understand.
I'm going to the lab today and I'm not sure what's next. I think Dr. Yu said there is someone from England coming (I don't know whether long- or short-term), but in all likelihood I will meet them and have lunch with the students. Another day of complete uncertainty.

<< Home