And Now We Wait
Say it ain’t so, Floyd.
After pulling off what many consider the most remarkable feat in Tour de France history, Phonak announced that Landis is the owner of a positive ‘A’ blood sample submitted to the UCI the night of Stage 17, the legendary ride. The charges? Excessive testosterone levels. Normal males have a 1:1 testosterone to epitestosterone ratio, while the UCI allows riders up to a 4:1 ratio. Landis said he didn’t know what his tested level was (I’m sure we’re all dying to know), but acknowledged that he has been taking cortisone for his hip (or what’s left of it) as well as thyroid medication. Medical experts say those variables should have no effect on the results, and if a second ‘B’ sample is found to be positive, Floyd will be stripped of his title (which will be bestowed to runner-up Oscar Pereiro) and fired from Phonak.
If interested, check out the reactions of the racing community.
Anyway, enough of my cycling commentary (although if I flunk out of medical school, I am totally moving to

<< Home