Three Cheers for Shaved Ice
There have definitely been more interesting days than this one. Since I sort of finished off phase one of my project, I am twiddling my thumbs until my presentation on Thursday, at which point I will be informed as to what I am doing next.
The one exciting thing that happened today is that I sampled Asian/Taiwanese shaved ice. It's kind of like home where one can choose his or her toppings, but there aren't only syrups, there are all kinds of things--tapioca-like squares, small beans, custard, condensed milk--and those are the only things out of many more that I recognized. I had a little bit and it was delicious--another little surprise that I was not expecting, and that I had absolutely no prior knowledge of.
I'm currently planning what I am going to do this weekend. Oh, and Wikipedia does it again! Apparently there is 'Wikitraveler' section that has highlights of the Taipei districts, what you should do, see, and eat, how much things cost, and most importantly, how to get there. It's brilliance.
The one exciting thing that happened today is that I sampled Asian/Taiwanese shaved ice. It's kind of like home where one can choose his or her toppings, but there aren't only syrups, there are all kinds of things--tapioca-like squares, small beans, custard, condensed milk--and those are the only things out of many more that I recognized. I had a little bit and it was delicious--another little surprise that I was not expecting, and that I had absolutely no prior knowledge of.
I'm currently planning what I am going to do this weekend. Oh, and Wikipedia does it again! Apparently there is 'Wikitraveler' section that has highlights of the Taipei districts, what you should do, see, and eat, how much things cost, and most importantly, how to get there. It's brilliance.

<< Home