Goodbye To You
Shoes. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Well, I suppose you can live with them if you don't need to pack them. But it's cruel that you can manage to fit everything in your suitcase and jam the zipper shut in triumph, only to look up and realize you have three pairs of sneakers unaccounted for and staring at you, mocking your incompetence.
Dammit.
After today I will no longer return to this lab, at least for awhile anyway. I presented Miss Wu and Zhuo with I-House mugs filled with chocolates as a thank-you for all they have done for me. I am meeting Miss Wu at an astonishingly early 7 am tomorrow, and we will drive over and meet everyone else at the International Stem Cell Conference at Taipei Medical University. It is a two-day endeavor with, from what I can tell, some of the most brilliant minds on stem cell research coming from all over the world. John is giving the opening and closing remarks, and other than that, it's two days of presentations and poster sessions on all things stem cell, somatic and engineering and otherwise. Why do I think my head is going to hurt very very badly when this is all said and done?
Well, I suppose you can live with them if you don't need to pack them. But it's cruel that you can manage to fit everything in your suitcase and jam the zipper shut in triumph, only to look up and realize you have three pairs of sneakers unaccounted for and staring at you, mocking your incompetence.
Dammit.
After today I will no longer return to this lab, at least for awhile anyway. I presented Miss Wu and Zhuo with I-House mugs filled with chocolates as a thank-you for all they have done for me. I am meeting Miss Wu at an astonishingly early 7 am tomorrow, and we will drive over and meet everyone else at the International Stem Cell Conference at Taipei Medical University. It is a two-day endeavor with, from what I can tell, some of the most brilliant minds on stem cell research coming from all over the world. John is giving the opening and closing remarks, and other than that, it's two days of presentations and poster sessions on all things stem cell, somatic and engineering and otherwise. Why do I think my head is going to hurt very very badly when this is all said and done?






<< Home