The Sky Is Falling
You know, maybe that Chicken Little was on to something.
I swear I can see indentations of the ceiling sinking in. And the window moved. And the horizon has completely disappeared, swallowed in whole by the gluttonous galaxy.
Well, with regards to article comprehension, I’m getting there, albeit ridiculously slowly. I have to look up every other word or reagent, and then in turn look up words in the definiton I don’t know. Then I have to figure out the chemistry behind it if it doesn’t blatantly state why or how the reaction happens. And after 20 minutes, if I’m lucky, I might have made progress on one stinking word.
'Ta shi Yingguoren ma? Ta weishenme zai zher?' they asked. (Is she English??? Why is she here???)
'Bu shi, ta shi Meiguoren,' Bin-Kuan replied. (No, she's American.)
'Dui a, wo shi Meiguoren,' turning around just enough for a quick grin and to see their completely stunned faces.
Heh heh heh. Didn’t know the white girl could do that, now did ya?
Bin-Kuan explained that I spoke a little Chinese and that I was here doing lab work.
Still no expression.

<< Home