T-7 Days
Well, not much news to report. Zhuo and I were going to further his experiment today, but he decided to change methodology to include PCR and he needed new materials, which he ordered yesterday and probably won't be here for a few days. Once the needed materials come, I might help him run a PCR (which I have previously performed but have hardly mastered). If not, it's no big deal to me since I at least have been introduced to it before and am familiar with the theory and concepts, even if my execution may be far from perfect.
I'm actually really looking forward to the International Stem Cell Conference at the end of the week. How much of a nerd does this make me? (Actually, I guess the more accurate question would be: how much more of a nerd does this make me than before?) Perhaps I'm looking forward to it because it's a change of pace and scenery. Maybe it's because I'll get to meet brilliant people from all over the glove. Or maybe it has something to do with dinner on the fifth floor of Taipei 101 on Friday night.
Until then, I'll make attempts to slowly pack up and avoid the last-minute rush, but I figure that like all my good intentions, they will just get lost in the chaos and I will end up doing exactly what I want to avoid--mashing and cramming and panicking into the wee hours before my departure. Seeing as there is absolutely no way I can fit everything I have purchased into the luggage I have brought, I must also find a place where I can purchase a cheap piece of carry-on luggage. And this will work providing that I can fit all my extras into one extra carry-on.
Oh, the dilemmas.
I'm actually really looking forward to the International Stem Cell Conference at the end of the week. How much of a nerd does this make me? (Actually, I guess the more accurate question would be: how much more of a nerd does this make me than before?) Perhaps I'm looking forward to it because it's a change of pace and scenery. Maybe it's because I'll get to meet brilliant people from all over the glove. Or maybe it has something to do with dinner on the fifth floor of Taipei 101 on Friday night.
Until then, I'll make attempts to slowly pack up and avoid the last-minute rush, but I figure that like all my good intentions, they will just get lost in the chaos and I will end up doing exactly what I want to avoid--mashing and cramming and panicking into the wee hours before my departure. Seeing as there is absolutely no way I can fit everything I have purchased into the luggage I have brought, I must also find a place where I can purchase a cheap piece of carry-on luggage. And this will work providing that I can fit all my extras into one extra carry-on.
Oh, the dilemmas.

<< Home