Top 10 Things I’ve Learned While Living In Taiwan
According to my Blogger stats, this is my 50th post. I feel like it should be commemorative or special or something, so I compiled a special list of educational tidbits inspired by recent events. There may be more before I leave, but for now, these are must-read lessons for any Taiwan-bound traveler.
9. If you want to eat, go somewhere where you can point or serve yourself. If you can speak, the waiters won’t understand because they can’t process the fact a white person is speaking Chinese. And if they do understand, they will start acting like you are fluent, which you aren’t, and ask follow-up questions way out of the realm of your vocabulary. All in all, it’s a lose-lose situation and you end up leaving just how you started—hungry.
7. Unless you are filthy rich or don’t mind your bank account being cleaned out, stay strong when shop-owners approach you. They sense indecision and hesitance like a lion smells blood. It’s okay to say no and walk away. They don’t know where you live.

<< Home